Reece Commercial Real Estate (RCRE) celebrates 10 years in business this week. The company was founded on October 18, 2009.
Initially led by industry veteran Dan Sight, RCRE began in the Kansas City market with three agents: John Sweeney and a year later, RC Jensen, both whom are still with the company, and Shari Turek. Sweeney is celebrating his 10th anniversary with the company. In 2015, John Stacy was named senior vice president and managing broker. Under Stacy’s leadership, RCRE expanded into a traditional third-party brokerage model, representing buyers and tenants as well as landlords and sellers.
Reece Commercial Real Estate has accomplished much since its founding:
- Joplin office opened in fall of 2019.
- Springfield office opened in summer of 2018, where there are now six agents.
- Overland Park office has grown to 16 agents.
- The company averages about 150 million a year in volume.
- Three members have been inducted into the Midwest Real Estate Hall of Fame: John Sweeney, Dick Stephens and John Stacy.
- In 2017, RCRE formed a relationship with Holladay Properties to offer leasing services in addition to property and facility management. Since the companies joined forces, they’ve grown their footprint to 150,000 square feet of property management — mostly retail.
“The Reece Commercial Real Estate team has come far in 10 short years and I can’t wait to see what the next 10 years will bring,” said Stacy. “It’s been an honor to grow this brand to what it is today. Looking forward, we want to grow our retail brokerage operation aggressively and bring on new agents.”
“It’s been rewarding to see the growth achieved in just 10 years,” said Mike Frazier, president and CEO of ReeceNichols Real Estate. “I’m excited to see what Reece Commercial will accomplish in the future.”